With the spontaneity that only college can give you, I and five great friends decided to take a one night "camping" trip to Mountain Rest. Leanna's family has a camp up there and we spent an evening shooting bows and arrows, playing soccer, volleyball and exploring the summer camp. After collecting groceries at a nearby gas station in which "I'd rather be hunting" bumper stickers could be bought, we drove about five minutes to a nice campfire spot. By this time, the night was dark and we used Leanna's car lights to build ourselves a nice campfire for roasting hotdogs, baked beans, marshmallows. Sparklers, cigars and an intense game of "Grill" entailed. After gazing at the beautiful star-filled sky and having excellent conversation, we prepared to leave. The night then became especially exciting as we realized the car battery had died. We began our 2 mile trek back to Leanna's house in the pitch black night while knowing full well the possibility of a bear's appearance or the attack of the ferocious sounding dogs in the distance. We sang several songs and clung together in fear. At one point it is reported that Nick sang heartily, "Man, I feel like a woman!" We arrived back alive, just to reassure anyone who may have wondered. And here is the evidence that what I say is true.



2 comments:
Emily,
Thanks for your sweet comment. It looks like you're having a great semester....I'm so glad. :) London is great but I do miss clemson sooooooo badly. I can't wait to rejoin you all in the spring :) Cheer the tigers on extra hard for me this weekend!!
I've hear Nick say that plenty of times!
Jk, sounds fabulous, hope you are all doing great, sounds like it!
Post a Comment