Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Matthew 7:7-8

This weekend I went home for an "Encounter" at my home church which was lead by a group of teens and adults from the Cornerstone Church in Sarasota. Although I went into the weekend hoping for an encounter with God and wanting to learn some things, I came out with much more than I had bargained for.

This group of Godly, dedicated Christians came to our church and served us with Christ's love, they had been praying for us long before they even met us and were completely open with us, sharing not only the gospel with us but their lives as well (1 Thess. 2:8). I had an encounter with God this weekend. Through the teaching and worship, prayer and self-inspection God not only rid my life of some things that needed to be dealt with, but he also filled me to overflowing with his Holy Spirit and a new awareness of the place in my life that He deserves. Life is so different when you allow the Spirit to lead you and work in you every moment of the day. Our perspective of ourselves changes, which changes our perspective of others, which changes our perspective of our reason for being where we are. This in turn affects every decision we make and every word we speak, every attitude we allow in our day and every way we choose to act. It also allows us to walk around in complete freedom and joy for the amazing gift we have been given through Christ's incredible sacrifice on the cross.

As well as this refreshed outlook, I have been made aware again of the importance of living by the Spirit, allow Him to speak and work in our daily lives. This includes being willing to go outside of my comfort zone if I feel the Lord's leading. I was reminded again of spiritual gifts and the impact that we can have if we allow God to utilize them in us (1 Cor. 12:1-11). I rerealized the powers that we face in the spiritual world, the attacks that Satan uses and the difference we can make in the spiritual realm through the power of Christ. The Lord wants to bring revival, he hears the prayers of his people and he will work through miracles, prayer and any other way that He wills to bring people to Himself.

I came back from this weekend with a bit of fear of the unknown, wondering if anyone else here in Clemson wanted the impact that I had gotten excited about. That very night, at a worship and prayer night with a group of friends, we prayed fervently and discussed excitedly the things that we can already see that God is doing on our campus. The Lord is going to bring revival to Clemson, it has already started. As we continue to pray and believe, He will continue to do great things in and through us.

It just goes to show that when you ask, seek and knock as the verses in Matthew 7 say, the Lord will not only answer and open the door, he will go above and beyond to bless you with more of Himself than you could ever hope for or imagine. He will impact nations and change lives. Praise Him! =D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Em, you're such a blessing! When we met this summer, I knew God had a plan for your being in my life. I loved watching you grow. It makes me beam and tear up seeing my sister fall so deeply in love with our Father. Your passion for Him is so encouraging. You're right, God is preparing Clemson for revival. I'm so grateful for how students have stepped up to lead and set examples. I'm especially thankful though for how God's captured the hearts of some younger students to make more of their college experience count for the Kingdom. God's using you so mightily. I'm so excited to watch the impact you'll make as He works in and through you!